Rentals and ToursBook Now
Rent a bike and experience the best of East Nashville. Our shop is on the edge of Shelby Parks and Bottoms, a 1300 acre green space connecting over 15 miles of protected bike path along the Cumberland River. Along the way, take time to stop at a local cafe, brewery, or ice cream parlor.
- City, Road, Mountain and E-Bikes available
- Early pickups available by appointment
- Walk-ins welcome, but advanced reservations recommended
- Full refund for bad weather cancellations
- Rentals sell out quickly
Please send all questions about bike rentals to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guided Bike Tours
Taste of East Nashville:
Through biking and food, experience why East Nashville has become one of the most unique local neighborhoods in America. We cover everything from the early settlers to to the legendary local musicians, with some tasty stops along the way.
- The History and food of East Nashville
- 2.5 hours, fully guided
- 2 food / beverage stops included
- Water, bike, helmet, & bag include
- $85 per person*
- Advanced reservation required
- Full refund for bad weather cancellations
- Tours sell out quickly
Question about a tour or rental? Contact us: email@example.com
Bike ShopShop Now
Bicycle Sales and Service
Ready for a new bike? Come test ride one of our bikes today. We have several great brands to choose from and all types of bikes available including road, hybrid, city, mountain, folding, and electric bikes. If it’s not in stock at our shop or our sister shop, Green Fleet Bikes, we’ll order it for you.
Bicycle Trade-in Program
Do you have an old bike you’re not riding? Trade it in for store credit. To be eligible bike must be from a major brand, in working condition, and less than 5 years old.
We also offer free estimates to help you access the value, and donate bikes that do not qualify for trade-in to Oasis Bike Workshop. Whatever you do, don’t throw it away!
- BASIC CHECK
- Includes safety check of all mechanical systems, brake inspection and adjustments, derailleur inspection and adjustments, tire inspection and inflation.
- COMPLETE SERVICE
- Everything included in the Basic Tune-Up, wheel truing, pivot point lube, chain clean and lube and frame clean and polish.
- BRAKE SYSTEM TUNE-UP
- Includes brake pad installation, brake inspection and adjustments and inspection of cables and housing.
- DRIVETRAIN TUNE-UP
- Includes drive system inspection and adjustments, inspection of cables and housing and quick chain clean and lube.
Got a question about a bike or a bike repair?
Professional Bike Assembly
We also offer assembly and disassembly of bicycles of all kinds. Assembly includes tune up and safety inspection. Disassembly includes bike box and all packing materials.
Shipping and local pickup also offered. Bikeflights.com is our preferred carrier.
- Adjust/Install Rim Brake Pads
- Adjust/Install Disc Brake Pads
- Install Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Install Mechanical Disc Brakes
- Install Rim Brake Set
- Install Brake Cables/Housing
- Install Brake Levers
- Install Rotor
- Bleed Hydraulic Disc Brake
- Install or Overhaul Bottom Bracket
- Install Chain
- Remove/Clean/Reinstall Chain
- Install Pedals
- Install Crank (1 Piece)
- Install Crank (3 Piece)
- Adjust Derailleur (Front or Rear)
- Install Front Derailleur
- Install Rear Derailleur
- Install Shifter (Each)
- Install Shifter Cables/Housing
- Install Inner Tube
- True Wheel
- Install Spoke
- Adjust Hub (Front or Rear)
- Overhaul Front Hub
- Overhaul Rear Hub
- Install Handlebars
- Install Bar Ends
- Install Handlebar Grips
- Install Handlebar Tape
- Install Fork
- Headset Adjustments
- Install or Overhaul Headset
- Child Carrier
- Cycle Computer
- Rear Rack
- Training Wheels
- Water Bottle Cage
Shop Location & History
Shelby Ave Bicycle Co is located on the corner of Shelby & 17th, on the edge of Shelby Bottoms Park & Greenway, in the heart of East Nashville. The bike shop is in the historic S. W. Simpkins Grocery Building, built in the 1930’s as a corner grocery. The Simpkins family owned and operated and resided in the space for almost 30 years. During that time the neighborhood knew and loved the store as a community landmark where people could gather and shop. Early in the 20th Century, local grocery and corner stores were some of the very first places to sell bicycles in America.
We’re proud to carry on the tradition of local business by offering a community gathering place for our neighbors and tell the history of this unique corner. The original Simpkins’ sign was completed when the store opened around 1935, and the Coca-Cola mural was done in 1945. Local East Nashville Artist Andee Rudloff helped us restore and preserve the signs which are now on display inside the shop.
W-F: 11 - 6
Sat. 10 - 4
Sun. 12 - 4